Israel’s time of purification and the 80 days
The rebirth of Israel occurs on 5 Iyar. The Torah reading is about purification on that date. A clue as to the time before it’s Messiah?
The Torah readings have been set for approximately 2500 years, since the time of the Babylonian captivity.
Moses established the custom to publicly read from the Torah scroll every Shabbat—although the entire Torah was not necessarily completed in a yearly cycle.
The custom to complete the weekly public reading of the Torah every year (on the holiday of Simchat Torah) finds its root in Babylon of the Talmudic Era.
The Torah was then divided into fifty-four sections (Parshiyot) to allow for the completion of a yearly cycle with the reading of one Parshah per week.
40 days vs 80 days
PARSHAS TAZRIA-METZORA – Torah reading for 5/6 Iyar, date Israel was reborn as a nation.
2. Speak to the children of Israel, saying: If a woman conceives and gives birth to a male, she shall be unclean for seven days; as [in] the days of her menstrual flow, she shall be unclean.
3. And on the eighth day, the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.
4. And for thirty three days, she shall remain in the blood of purity; she shall not touch anything holy, nor may she enter the Sanctuary, until the days of her purification have been completed.
***Note: 7 days + 33 days = 40 days
5. And if she gives birth to a female, she shall be unclean for two weeks, like her menstruation [period]. And for sixty six days, she shall remain in the blood of purity.
*** Note: 14 days + 66 days = 80 days
Birth of Yeshua and Israel
1. I am not sure of the Torah portion for the date Yeshua was born. However, he was a male child, and the 40 days of purification would have applied to his birth.
This would not only apply to his mother Mary, but to the nation of Israel as well, seeing Israel, in a larger sense, gave birth to him.
This meant that Israel would be considered ritually impure for a period of 40 years (days= years). If it had allowed the ministry of Yeshua to extend to the end of his 40th year, the nation would have
been pure and clean before God.
However, as Yeshua was “cut off” in his 33rd year, this left a deficit
period of 7 years remaining for the purification of Israel. This is also the remaining “week” of Daniel’s 70 weeks.
2. Israel was reborn as a nation ( female child) on 5 Iyar, 1948. Now, it had a waiting period of 80 years before it to achieve purification.
In a literal sense, it has been for the most part, a bloody period of time, with all the wars and terrorism facing it over the decades.
The male child was not going to be born again, as that opportunity was missed, and so the waiting period increased from 40 years to 80 years.
End time predictions – the uncertainty
There are many indications now that the time of the end is close, or even “now.”
Most speculation assumes 1948 + 70 = 2018 as an end date, or maybe it is just a beginning date.
But, if this assumption above about the purification time is correct, then
1948 + 80 = 2028
This is a difference of 10 years.
I always wondered why Yeshua told his disciples that they would have tribulation 10 days.
Daniel also mentions a 2300 day period, 6.5 years,
and if Jacob’s trouble is also in addition to that time, and not part of it, this would bring the total time to 10 years.
If the 80 years, then is to be used, and not the 70 years, since the birth of Israel, this would mean that the final week, and Jacob’s trouble, would not even begin until the year 2018.
The “10 days” would end in 2028.
Which is true?
I do not know.
Let us focus on the Lord, repent, and come before Him in humility.