Prayer for unsaved loved ones
Offered here as a courtesy, since I see people looking for this. Use as a guide, but really God knows what is in your heart. I have taken some prayers of others and added a little to it. He will hear you even if your words are not great. Trust Him, and just say what is in your heart.
Why are so many people still unsaved? Second Corinthians 4:4 tells us it is because “the god of this world [the devil] hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.”
Once you realize it’s the devil (not your loved one) who’s the real problem, your first prayer step becomes clear. You must get the devil out of your loved one’s way. As Jesus said, “How can one enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man?” (Matthew 12:29). You can’t! So bind him.
Now, you may not be able to cast that devil entirely out of the situation, because your loved one may invite him back in faster than you can cast him out. But you can bind that spirit and keep it bound. It may keep you busy for a while, but you can do it.
Verbal (say out loud) Confession of Faith in God’s help to save loved one:
- God is not willing that this person (name the person) perish, but that he or she comes to repentance – 2 Peter 3:9.
- It is God’s will that he or she (name the person) be saved and comes to a knowledge of truth – 1 Timothy 2:4.
- This is the confidence that I have in Him, that if I ask anything according to His will, He hears me. And I know that if He hears me, whatever I ask, I know that I have the petitions that I have asked of Him. I ask for him or her (name the person) to be saved, to come to repentance, and to come to a knowledge of the truth that can set him or her free – 1 John 5:14,15.
- If it is a relative: I believe that I and all of my household will be saved – Acts 16:31.
- I realize that I am not in a battle with flesh and blood, but I am contending against demonic powers, wicked spirits in the heavenly sphere, who are trying to influence and control the person I am praying for – Ephesians 6:12. Jesus said in Luke 10:19, “I give you authority and power over all the power of the enemy” and so nothing shall in any way harm me.
Whatever I bind on earth is bound in the heavenly realm, and whatever I loose on earth is loosed in the heavenly realm – Matthew 18:18.
Binding prayer (2 Corinthians 4:3,4):
Say, “Right now I bind the god of this world (Satan) who has blinded their eyes to the truth of the gospel, and I loose the light of the gospel to shine on them and open their eyes. You spirit operating in the life of my loved one, blinding __(name)___ to the gospel to keep __(name)____ out of the kingdom of God, I bind you now. I belong to the Lord Jesus Christ. I carry His authority and righteousness and in His Name, I command you to desist in your maneuvers. I spoil your house according to the Word of God and I enter into it to deliver my loved one from your hands.”
- I pray that the eyes of their understanding would be opened to know the hope of their calling – Ephesians 1:18.
- Lord, open their eyes to know You; open their understanding that they can understand the scriptures – Luke 24:31,45.
- I pray for laborers to be sent into their path from the Lord of the harvest – Matthew 9:37,38.
- I believe that I receive the answers to these scriptural prayers – Mark 11:24.
- Lord, You watch over Your Word to perform it – Jeremiah 1:12.
- Thank You that Your Word does not return to You void, but it accomplishes what You intend for it to do – Isaiah 55:11.
I ask all this, Father God, in the holy name of Jesus. And I cover myself, my household, all my family, extended family, and all loved ones with the blood of Jesus, asking you to bless and strengthen us with your wisdom, Holy Spirit, salvation, and deliverance. Amen.
also- other prayers here. (Control + Click to follow link):
Daily Confession . Healing Confession . No Fear Confession . Marriage Prayer . Provision Confession . Direction Confession . Peace Confession . Children Confession . Barren Mothers & Mothers To Be , Printable Version of Confessions