Preach the gospel to every “creature”?
OK. Wait a minute. Humans are fine. But preach to “creatures?”
Before Jesus ascended into heaven, he gave the Great Commission to his apostles:
Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
The Greek word is κτίσις (ktisis) , I looked this up, thinking there was some error:
1) the act of founding, establishing, building etc
a) the act of creating, creation
b) creation i.e. thing created
1) of individual things, beings, a creature, a creation
a) anything created
b) after a rabbinical usage (by which a man converted from
idolatry to Judaism was called)
c) the sum or aggregate of things created
c) institution, ordinance
But why didn’t’ Jesus say preach the gospel to all people? Why did he say “creature?”
1. Most preachers preach the gospel to converted men, who sit in their churches. But what about the rest of creation?
I personally cannot imagine preaching to a dog or cat, which are creatures. They do not have spirits, as men do.
But who have spirits that are not saved, or converted?
2. I remember Jesus calling the gentiles dogs. He was referring to them as creatures, and not humans. They lacked the truth and presence of God.
It may be interpreted, possibly then, that anyone who does not have the spirit of god within them, needs to hear the gospel, even more than those who have already been saved.
3. Institutions, ordinances are to hear the gospel as well. We should not shy away from either private, or public, places. Ordinances are laws. We should be active in promoting godly laws in our lands.
4. There is an even lower “creature” to consider. These are also humans that have been possessed with demons, or seriously committed to serving them.
This is a human – demon hybrid.
Remember, Jesus casted out devils, from a demon possessed man.
From what I see in general, these creatures never get the gospel. People dismiss them as hopeless, or they are too scared to approach them.
But it seems that these are the ones in greatest need, who are doomed to hell and are already half way in.
Why don’t evangelists preach to demon possessed, or oppressed people?
Where is the evangelistic effort toward the occult, the Satanists, the pagans, the New Age, the majik practitioners?
Their souls are in the greatest danger of all unsaved groups.
Gospel efforts should not be confined to safe crowds, where donation from mostly Christian are guaranteed, and a few nice, but unsaved people are there.
We need to be ready to face people who hate us, or have demons, and love them back. They hate because they do not understand love. Many have never felt loved in their lives, or have been hurt by Christianity, instead of helped by it.
We need to seek them out. They may be just “creatures” to us, but they have souls that are in agony, and need deliverance.
But this venture is not for the weak Christian. It is for those who have the love and courage to reach out, for those who are fearless, confident and trained in the Word, and who are filled with, and protected by, the Holy Spirit. They also need to exercise wisdom.
Are you at this level of maturity yet? If so, then go preach the gospel to every creature you meet. We are almost out of time.
Maybe there are delays in the coming of Jesus, because we have not done this. If so, we delay the coming of Jesus by our own disobedience.
Let us repent and do what Jesus said to do.