Rapture Codicil document
Rapture Terms of My Last Will and Testament
I, the undersigned Testator, being of sound mind and memory and being eighteen (18) years of age or older, do hereby make, publish and declare this document to be and constitute the Rapture Terms of My Last Will and Testament (hereinafter “Rapture Terms”). All prior wills and codicils of mine are hereby revoked only to the extent that they are inconsistent with these Rapture Terms.
1. Regardless of what anyone else believes to be true or right, I believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, and that, though innocent, Jesus suffered and was put to death through crucifixion at the hands of men—taking on himself the penalty of the sins of mankind, that he was buried, that he rose from the dead, that he is at the right hand of the Father, and that he will, in the Father’s time, return in glory to reign over the earth.
3. I further believe that before Jesus Christ returns to Earth as Messiah to set up his kingdom, he will come and gather those who believe in him to himself in heaven. This “gathering of believers” has been traditionally recognized by many Christians, including me, as the “Rapture.”
4. I further believe that if the Rapture occurs prior to my demise, then, because I believe in Jesus Christ and what he has done for me, I will be joined with Jesus Christ in the Rapture.
5. I further believe that because most people do not believe in Jesus Christ, much less the Rapture, the Rapture will take the world by surprise, creating a substantial degree of confusion and turmoil as the world endeavors to understand and explain why so many people have suddenly disappeared.
6. I further believe that the period of time following the Rapture will be a period of tribulation that will culminate in the return of Christ to reign over the world from Israel (Zion) as the Messiah and King of Kings. Despite the fact that many will claim to be the Messiah, the actual return of Jesus Christ to Earth as the Messiah will be unmistakably glorious as described in Matthew 24, wherein the Bible indicates that the whole world “will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.”
7. In the event of the Rapture and my related disappearance, then, except for any special, designated gift that I specify in the Terms, below, I desire to see my assets and estate committed to Rapture Fund, a Tennessee nonprofit corporation, to be used for its chartered purposes, including the works of (a) proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and (b) providing relief to those who are persecuted because of their faith in Jesus Christ.
Wherefore, in consideration of the above Recitals, in the event, and only in the event, that I suddenly disappear, along with millions of other people from around the world at approximately the same time, then, notwithstanding any other provision of any will that I have executed to date, notwithstanding any other provision of any will that I execute in the future unless I expressly and specifically revoke these Rapture Terms in such will, notwithstanding the laws of intestate succession, and notwithstanding any heirs of mine that may survive me in the event of the Rapture, except for the following gift: _____________________________________ ________________________________________________ [indicate percentage of estate, specific dollar amount, specific account, or specific item], which I leave to _______________________________________________________________________ [insert name of designated heir(s)], provided that such heir(s) survive(s) me and remain(s) after the Rapture, I hereby grant, devise and convey all of my estate, whether real or personal or mixed, and wheresoever situated, to Rapture Fund, a Tennessee nonprofit corporation. I further hereby appoint Rapture Fund to serve as Executor of only these Rapture Terms. If the law of the state wherein this document is probated so permit, I desire that Rapture Fund shall not be required to furnish a bond in connection with its faithful performance as my Executor hereof, and that Rapture Fund be permitted to administer these Rapture Terms independently, without adjudication, order or direction of any court, and that Rapture Fund, as Executor, enjoy and exercise all rights under the law applicable to such office.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I sign, seal, publish and declare this document to be and constitute the Rapture Terms of my Last Will and Testament, on this ______ day of ___________________, 20___.
Signature of Testator
Address of Testator
STATE OF )
COUNTY OF )
Declaration of Testator
I, ____________________________ [name of Testator], the Testator, as applicable, sign my name to this instrument, the Rapture Terms of my Last Will and Testament, on this the _____ day of _________________ [month], 20___ [year] and being first duly sworn, do hereby declare to the undersigned authority and witnesses that I sign and execute this instrument as my free and voluntary act for the purposes therein expressed, and that I am eighteen (18) years of age or older, of sound mind, and under no constraint or undue influence.
Signature of Testator
Address of Testator
STATE OF )
COUNTY OF )
Declaration of Witnesses
Each of us, as witnesses to the above signed Rapture Terms of the Last Will and Testament of the Testator, do hereby declare to the Testator, to each other, and to the undersigned authority, and to all readers hereof, under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of ___________________________ that the following is true and correct: (a) on the date written above the maker of this instrument, named therein as Testator, declared to us that this instrument was the said Testator’s Rapture Terms of the said Testator’s last will and testament, and requested us to act as witnesses to it, (b) we understand that this instrument, consisting of five (5) pages including this page and the succeeding pages of Instructions and Endnotes, contains provisions which constitute the Testator’s will, (c) the Testator signed this instrument as the Testator’s will in our presence and in the presence of the undersigned authority, at Testator’s request, all of us being present at the same time, (d) we now, at the Testator’s request, and in the Testator’s and each other’s presence, sign below as witnesses, (e) we believe the Testator is of sound mind and memory, (f) we believe that this instrument was executed as the Testator’s free, willing and voluntary act for the purposes therein stated and was not procured by duress, menace, fraud or undue influence, (g) the Testator is age 18 or older, (h) each of us is now age 18 or older, (i) each of us is a competent witness, of sound mind and under no duress, menace, fraud or undue influence, and (j) each of us resides at the address set forth after our respective names, below.
I, the undersigned, an authorized notary public for the State of ______________________, do hereby certify that the above named Testator and Witnesses, determined by me to be the same persons whose names are subscribed to the foregoing instrument, appeared before me this day in person, and acknowledged having signed as Testator and Witnesses, accordingly, and I witnessed the named Testator’s and Witnesses’ execution, respectively, and declaration of said instrument, consisting of five (5) pages, this page and the next pages included, as said Testator’s and Witnesses’ free and voluntary act for the uses and purposes therein set forth. This certification is given under my hand and Notarial Seal this ____ day of __________________, 20__.
1. Write your initials in the place indicated on the bottom right-hand corner of each page of this document.
2. On page 2, if you desire to leave a specific gift to a specific loved one or loved ones (who you believe might remain after the Rapture), insert in the first blank the specific gift, bequest or devise (such as “one-half of the value of my estate,” “twenty-five percent of my estate,” “my house,” “all of my personal belongings,” or “the sum of $100,000”–or such other similar terms that you desire). Insert in the second blank the name of the loved one(s) (such as “my son, John Smith,” “my brother, Frank Smith,” “my spouse, Frances Smith,” or “any grandchild of mine,” etc.). If you do not wish to leave such a specific gift, simply insert the words “not applicable” in the blanks.
3. Gather 3 witnesses who are over 18 years old in the presence of a Notary Public. In the presence of the 3 witnesses and the Notary Public, explain to them what you are signing, saying “I am executing this document, which constitutes the Rapture Terms to My Last Will and Testament.” Sign page 2 in the two places indicated for your signature. Insert your address. The Notary Public can fill in the state, county and dates. Then, the witnesses should sign in the places indicated for their respective signatures on page 3. Each witness should also insert his or her current, residential address in the blank provided to the right of such witness’ name. The Notary Public can then notarize the document.
4. Make several copies of the fully executed document. You can file one with your local county court clerk (or other local official designated by your state law to receive wills). You can also give a copy to any executor that you have named in any other will. You can place a copy with your important records, and be sure to send a copy to Rapture Fund. By having a copy of your Rapture Terms, the directors of Rapture Fund can plan to take appropriate action following the Rapture, including gathering your estate and presenting the Gospel to your designated “left behind” loved ones.
1 John 1:1-5, 14 – In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. All things were created through Him, and apart from Him not one thing was created that has been created. Life was in Him and that life was the light of men. That light shines in the darkness, yet the darkness did not overcome it. . . The Word became and took up residence among us. We observed His glory, the glory as the One and Only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
 Isaiah 53:5-6 – But He was pierced because of our transgressions, crushed because of our iniquities; punishment for our peace was on Him, and we are healed by His wounds. We all went astray like sheep; we all have turned to our own way; and the LORD has punished Him for the iniquity of us all.
Matthew 27:35-37 – After crucifying Him they divided His clothes by casting lots. Then they sat down and were guarding Him there. Above His head they put up the charge against Him in writing: THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS.
 Matthew 27:57-60 – When it was evening, a rich man from Arimathea named Joseph came, who himself had also become a disciple of Jesus. He approached Pilate and asked for Jesus’ body. Then Pilate ordered that it be released. So Joseph took the body, wrapped it in clean, fine linen, and placed it in his new tomb, which he had cut into the rock. He left after rolling a great stone against the entrance of the tomb.
 Matthew 28:1-9 – After the Sabbath, as the first day of the week was dawning, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to view the tomb. Suddenly there was a violent earthquake, because an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and approached [the tomb]. He rolled back the stone and was sitting on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his robe was as white as snow. The guards were so shaken from fear of him that they became like dead men. But the angel told the women, “Don’t be afraid, because I know you are looking for Jesus who was crucified. He is not here! For He has been resurrected, just as He said. Come and see the place where He lay. Then go quickly and tell His disciples, ‘He has been raised from the dead. In fact, He is going ahead of you to Galilee; you will see Him there.’ Listen, I have told you.” So, departing quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, they ran to tell His disciples the news. Just then Jesus met them and said, “Good morning!” They came up, took hold of His feet, and worshiped Him.
Romans 10:9 – if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
 Revelation 19:11-16 – “Then I saw heaven opened, and there was a white horse! Its rider is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a fiery flame, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knows except Himself. He wore a robe stained with blood, and His name is called the Word of God. The armies that were in heaven followed Him on white horses, wearing pure white linen. From His mouth came a sharp sword, so that with it He might strike the nations. He will shepherd them with an iron scepter. He will also trample the winepress of the fierce anger of God, the Almighty. And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.”
 John 3:16-18 – ““God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world that He might judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. Anyone who believes in Him is not judged, but anyone who does not believe is already judged, because he has not believed in the name of the One and Only Son of God.”
 John 3:16-18 and Roman 10:9.
 I Thessalonians 4:16-17 – “. . . the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the archangel’s voice, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are still alive will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we will always be with the Lord.”
 Matthew 24:39b-42 – “So this is the way the coming of the Son of Man will be: Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and one left. Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and one left. Therefore be alert, since you don’t know what day your Lord is coming.”
 Revelation 19:11-16.
 Matthew 24:4-5, 11, 23-25 – Then Jesus replied to them: “Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and they will deceive many. . . . Many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. . . . If anyone tells you then, ‘Look, here is the Messiah! ‘ or, ‘Over here!’ do not believe it! False messiahs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. Take note: I have told you in advance.”
 Matthew 24:30.
Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holman Christian Standard Bible® Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003 by Holman Bible Publishers. Used by permission. Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Holman CSB®, and HCSB® are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.