World Watch List for 2010
Persecution continues around the world against Christians.
This list is for persecution based on just their faith, and does not include focus on political, economic, social, ethnic, or accidental reasons.
Examples of questions to determine this persecution/ oppression status are:
A. Official legal status
– Does the constitution and/or national laws provide for freedom of religion?
– Are individuals allowed to convert by choice to Christianity by law?
– The actual situation of individual Christians
– Are Christians being killed because of their faith?
– Are Christians being sentenced to jail, labor camp, or sent to a psychiatric hospital because of their faith?
B. Role of Church in society
– Do Christians have the freedom to print and distribute Christian literature?
-Are Christian publications censured/prohibited in this country?
C. Factors that obstruct freedom of religion
Are Christian meeting places and/or Christian homes attacked because of anti-Christian motives?
For more see
Open Doors Publication: