You Must be Holy
Most believers are not holy, and need to understand how important it is to BE holy.
Seven days thou shalt make an atonement for the altar, and sanctify it; and it shall be an altar most holy: whatsoever touch the altar shall be holy. Exodus 29:37
Worldliness is the enemy of godliness
Most believers are part of the world and part time, or casual, Christians
I am not talking about church attendance.
I am talking about where people’s minds are.
We have no choice, as long as we are in fleshly bodies, to be in the world.
We need food, clothing, shelter, and to work for a living.
So, although we are IN the world, we are not to be OF the world.
The world should not dictate our values and thinking and priorities.
Dealing with the world is a daily battle
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Eph 6:12
We must strive for victory OVER the world, so that we can be a light to those we left behind IN the world
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Phl 2:15
The world is the source of spots and wrinkles that taint our souls, so we must be pure and unspotted
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. James 1:27
To love the world is to NOT love the Father in heaven
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 1 john 2:15
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 1 John 2:16
When Jesus instructed his apostles, he gave them a command that would be impossible to achieve, but would take a lifetime of effort to even get started
48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. Matt 5:48
But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; 1 Pet 1:15
Salivation and holiness
Salvation makes us forgiven before god for our sins, but it does not automatically make us as holy as god
Salvation plants a holy seed in us.
Salivation makes us acceptable, but not perfect, before the Father God.
Holiness is a goal, and we must learn to grow in it, and be as holy as we can be.
The more holy we become, the closer we can get to God in this life, and I believe, also the next.
The evidence, as we grow, is in our fruits.
Holy trees produce holy fruit.
1. Salvation is always step 1. Without the Lord Jesus/ Yahshua/ Yeshua, we have nothing and are nothing. This involves also the repentance of sins
2. Renounce all sin in your life, and separate yourself from worldly influences. This includes people, media, music, books
3. Receive the Holy Spirit.
4. Spend time alone with God.
5. Forget who you are, and what you want, and what the world says. This is really hard, because we all have a certain level of self -consciousness, and our bodies remind us of our physical needs on a daily basis.
6. Forget your own needs, and focus on the needs of God.
7. You may be forced to be IN the world, but just do what you need to do, like job, school…. family ( family , out of love of course)…. Do not make anything in the world a greater priority than God….and God understands caring for children, etc.
8. Point is, do not make anyone or anything in the world a “god”
9. Pray, and ask God to help you grow, and give you wonderful , inspiring thoughts about him. Rejoice in little things.
10. If you can, fast and pray, as the Lord leads you.
11. Read and study the Bible, and let it speak to you.
12. Repent quickly when you sin or make a mistake.
13. Fellowship with only like minded people.
14. Over time, increase your alone time with God until He is all you want.
15. Let this beautiful time with God flow over to your family and bless them. Encourage family to do the same thing.
Many blessings on your sacred journey.
We are all on it with you.