Mystery Babylon – when does she fall?
Will Mystery Babylon fall at any moment, or will it last Daniel’s final week?
Although it seems obvious that “she” is around before that, Babylon is not mentioned until Chapter 17 in Revelation.
Then she falls in Chapter 18.
The marriage supper of the Lamb follows in chapter 19.
Her fall is not associated with any of the (1) seals, (2) trumpets or (3) vials.
So, it must be that she falls before or after this sequence of events (1 – 3), or at an interval between one set of events and another.
Time associated Features
1. She has a history of harlotry with the kings of the earth, so she has been around for awhile. Rev 17:1
2. The Beast also has to exist first before she can ride it. Rev 17:7
3. She is drunk with the blood of the saints (Jews) and martyrs of Jesus (Christians). So she is around for their persecution. Rev 17:6
4. Saints are persecuted in Seal 5.
5. She is around as long as there is commerce is around, as the merchants lament her demise. People from around the world hear the news. So no breakdown of communication yet, as would be expected once the wrath (trumpets and vials) begin. Rev 18:11
6. The Beast lasts longer than she does. It hates her, destroys her, eats her flesh, and burns her with fire. So she does not make it to the end of the trumpets and vials. Rev 17:16
7. She outlasts the presence of the saints, because when she falls, there is nothing left but foul spirits, unclean and hated birds, and demons. Rev 18:2
8. There is still global order and governments when she falls, since she reigns over the kings of the earth. Rev 17:18.
From the above descriptions, it seems logical to conclude that Mystery Babylon prospers until its demise somewhat early on in the end time scenario.
However, it seems to be around to martyr the saints. (Seal 5)
If, and only if, the marriage supper of the Lamb follows the fall of Mystery Babylon, as Rev 18 follows Rev 17, then that is significant to timing as well.
So, when does the marriage supper happen? It is my belief that the supper happens after the rapture.
If so, Babylon falls before the rapture.
Am I right?
What do you think?