Movement of Antichrist
How does the Antichrist move toward the Promised Land to conquer it?
Does this give us a clue as to where he comes from?
Dan 8:9 ¶ And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the (1) south, and (2) toward the east, and (3) toward the pleasant [land- ie Israel].(only direction left is west)
Points from just looking at maps:
1. Antichrist has to come from the NORTH of Israel, not just east or west of it.
This means it cannot be
Jordan – located east only, does not have to move south to get to Israel
Egypt – south only, would have to move north to get to Israel
Saudi Arabia – south only,
Yemen – south only,
Pakistan – already east,
Afghanistan – already east,
Iran– already east,
Iraq– already east,
India– already east,
China– already east.
2. The immediate north will not work either, because he then has to proceed west to come to Israel.
This means Lebanon is not a candidate. If Antichrist moved south then west, he would end up in the Mediterranean Sea.
3. If the Antichrist came from anywhere WEST of Turkey, the Ukraine, and Russia, he would NOT be able to move south, then east and then west toward Israel.
This would eliminate most of Europe, including the European Union. He would have to, instead, move east, not west, to get to Israel.
This would also eliminate the North and South America, and Africa for the same reason.
4. If the Antichrist came from anywhere EAST only, then he would not have to move south first to get to Israel.
This would eliminate China and India, etc.
Far east countries like China, and North Korea, cannot move more “east” or they would go into the Pacific Ocean.
5. This would leave countries that could move first south, then east, then west (toward Israel):
Now, take a new look at the map. Think first south, then east, then west to Israel. See who that could be:
The Antichrist, and his country, would have to have some motivation to invade Israel.
Right now, unless something changes, I see no motivation for eastern Asia to care about Israel.
So far, east Asian countries have not been involved, or expressed interest, in any of the conflicts between Israel and its enemies.
This would leave the northern, middle eastern countries, and far east European countries that are north, and north west of Turkey.